Tuesday, September 25, 2007

If you have ever prayed

This post promises to be unusual. A plea more than a post, unpolished.

A dear friend of mine has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It is advanced. I feel odd even writing that. Like it is pretend, that I am making it up. It was only a few months ago that I typed the same words to you about my dear step mom.

God is mysterious.

My friend is more than a friend. Her name is Lynne Ott. She is our Pastor's wife. She is the mother of four boys, now men, but still boys when it comes to their mom. She is a grandma. She is one of the most naturally gifted people I know. She is creative, witty, and beautiful. She could have done anything she wanted to do with her life, would have been a success in any field but she chose to give her life to a rag tag group of grumpy believers in rural Pennsylvania as her flock, as her own.


God is mysterious. I've never been a fan of mysteries.

I find myself again on my knees, literally, begging God to intervene, begging him to again physically heal. For Him to cause yet another doctor to throw their hands up in bewilderment and proclaim there is a God. I want Him to heal her. I want Him to make her whole. I want Him to spare her family. I'm not even praying "if it is your will God." I'm not being so polite. I'm asking like my daughter who holds up her cup and says, "more." I'm asking like a child for that is all I am.

Today or tonight as you read this I am pleading with you to do the same. Right at your computer, please do the same. Go to the following website http://www.lynnecott.blogspot.com/, meet my friend, and then pray. Get on your knees, literally, and pray for my friend. Beseech God on her behalf. Confess your sins before Him and then pray unhindered, holy prayers.

The news is very bad, bleak...so pray that God is pulling a modern day Gideon. That He will act mightily over such desperate circumstances that all will have to proclaim that it was only Him.

The cancer is aggressive and violent. Pray that the God of Daniel will show up and close the mouth of this lion.

Lynne is tired and worn. Pray that the strength of Samson will be given to her, whose strength was renewed, who crushed a building with his bare hands.

The cancer is fast and skilled, pray that the chemotherapy will be as accurate as David's slingshot. That it will kill this giant.

The cancer cells are many. Pray that God will cut them out as He cut the heathen nations from the Promise land.

Pray for her family. That God would treat them as the family of Noah. That He will protect them from this flood.

Pray that those around her will act as the army of Jehosophat, that we will go before her with praises and singing. That we will sacrifice our belief, that we will present our hope on her behalf to our Father in heaven.

Cry out as Moses did, that this bitter water will be made sweet. Pray that God will again say, "I am the Lord who heals."

Call Him by name, Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals.

Please pray for my friend.

Pray to the one who is the Resurrection and the Life. The only life.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    I saw your site mentioned on Lynne's. Your prayer was both touching and powerful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Lynne has been on my heart and in my prayers every day. She is the first one I think of in the morning. It is good that soooo many are united lifting her in prayer. Hope all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what we need a powerful kick in the but that God does miricals. Thank you for kicking mine. Ronda Chivinski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,
    I'm praying so hard for your dear
    friend, Lynne. I spoke to her on
    the phone a couple of times.
    We have the same diagnosis and we're fighting the fight together.
    We're strong women and we're in
    God's hands and He heals. I've been in chemo treatment for 5 months and I'm feeling just great.
    I've come a long way and Lynne will
    too. It takes time for the healing
    process to lift us up. We can do it, we have strength and courage
    and faith. Thanks for your blog,
    you're doing a wonderful job.
    Have a great day, Jessica.
    Love,
    Vicky D. from Avondale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    Just wanted to show my appreciation for your time and hard work

    ReplyDelete