Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A God who goes out



And who is like you, O Israel, the one nation whose God WENT OUT to redeem a people for Himself, and to make a name for yourself, and to perform great and awesome wonders by driving out nations from before your people, redeemed from Egypt.
I Chronicles 17:21

How unfathomable.  The Creator God went out to redeem a people for Himself.  He did the work.  He went out.  He rose to show us compassion (Isaiah 30:18).  He went out from perfection, He went out from His throne, He went out.  

This seems unreal to me.  Seriously, I love my kids but I will hardly even go out in the snow for them.  I can't stand being cold, I can't stand the process of getting ready, but when I do give in, my kids give me a heroes welcome.  They are glad to see me.  How different it was for our God.  There was no welcome, there were no cheers, yet He went out for us.  He went out.  Yes, I love my kids but about 8 times out of 10 I draw the line when it comes to the snow.  


On the contrary, when God saw us, he drew no line.  Instead, he went out and erased the line. (Luke 23:44-46(Hebrews 10:14-20)  The process was horrendous, the pain was most real, yet He went out.  He went out for you.  He went out for me.  How unfathomable, how life changing. I have a God, I belong.  I have been rescued (Colossians 1:13).  He went out for me.  Surely, there is none other like Him.

If you are ever asked why your faith is different than the others, give this answer.  Tell them you serve a King who did all the work,  you ride the coat tails of the only God who would ever allow, let alone encourage, such a thing.  Tell them you are loved by such a God, then tell them they are too.

What an amazing joy to live in, Our God went out.

Our God goes out. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank God we have such a God, the one and only True God. Rather than being man made He made man and loved us more than His own life. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete